Sony Xperia SP is the mid range Android Smartphone launched by Sony in 2013 i.e. last year. Xperia SP is available in two models C and C5303. Both features a 4.6 inches TFT capacitive touch screen display with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. It is powered by 1.7 GHz Dual Core processor coupled with 1GB RAM. The device was launched with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box and is up-gradable to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Xperia SP C5302, C5303 is left at Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and the device haven’t yet received the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware and there is no report on when it will receive the update, on the other hand it may even not receive the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update. So let’s update Xperia SP C5302, C5303 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware using CM 11 FXP Custom ROM.
Features of CM 11 FXP ROM:
- Stock Android
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- No bloatware
How to Update Sony Xperia SP to CM11 EXP Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware:
1. Download ROM zip and Gapps package from the above download section.
2. Extract the ROM package and obtain boot.img.
3. Copy the same extracted file to fastboot folder.
4. Now you need to copy both the ROM and GApps package to your device SD card.
5. Power off your device and boot into fastboot mode.
6. Connect the device with PC.
7. Then launch command window from fastboot folder.
8. Give first command: fastboot flash boot boot.img
9. Next give another command: fastboot reboot
10. Now boot into recovery mode and choose “Install zip from SD” and choose the zip package.
11. Similarly flash Gapps package.
12. Next choose “reboot system now” from recovery main menu.
That’s it! You have successfully installed CM11 ROM on your Xperia SP smartphone.