Xperia S LT26i is the mid range Android Smartphone from Sony and it features a 4.3 inch LCD Capacitive touch screen display with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. It is powered by 1.5 GHz Dual Core Qualcomm processor and packs 1GB RAM and 32GB onboard storage. Xperia S LT26i runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread out of the box and is upgradable to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
As the device is only upgradable to Android 4.1.2 JB and we can’t expect Android 4.4 Kitkat update quite soon, till then we can install Custom ROM’s and update Xperia S LT26i to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware. So we have brought Paranoid Android Custom ROM for Xperia S LT26i using which we will be able to update Xperia S LT26i to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware.
Paranoid Android is the Android Open Source Based Custom ROM and packs its own unique features. Similar to other Custom ROMs this ROM also comes with stock Android skin and is light and extremely fast. It has its own unique notification which is enhanced by the developers of the Paranoid Android ROM.
- Take necessary backup of all your important data.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75% or more.
- Enable USB Debugging from settings.
- Make sure you have Unlock Bootloader on your device.
- Install USB drivers suitable for your PC
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Xperia S LT26i
- Root Xperia S LT26i
Disclaimer: Rooting an Android device and installing Custom ROM’s voids the device’s warranty, so understand the risk involved and proceed at your own risk.
How to update Xperia S LT26i to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat using Paranoid Android ROM:
1. Download the Paranoid Android Custom ROM package and Google Apps Package from here to your PC. Extract the Paranoid Android ROM package and obtain boot.img file and copy it to Fastboot folder. Copy the whole ROM package and Google Apps Package to your device’s SD card.
2. Power off Xperia S LT26i. Now open the Fastboot folder on your PC and press and hold Shift key and right click any where inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and from the options choose open command window here.
3. Boot Xperia S LT26i into Fastboot Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up key and connect your device to PC, a blue LED light will blink indication that your device is in Fastboot Mode. Now in Command type: “fastboot flash boot boot.img“ and press enter. This will flash the boot.img file to your device.
4. Once done, type: “fastboot reboot” and press enter. Now while your device boots up, press the Volume up/down button to enter into Recovery Mode. Once you are in Recovery Mode, perform operations to clear cache, dalvik cache and data.
5. Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the ROM package, which you have copied earlier and install it. Now again follow the above step, but this time choose the Google Apps Package and Install it. Now again perform full data reset and clear cache and dalvik cache. Once done, go back and select reboot system now.