Android 5.0 Lollipop is available for many devices in the form Custom ROM’s and there are plenty of custom ROM’s to choose from for your device and today we are going to share one such ROM for your device. The ROM is AOSP ROM and is built on Android 5.0 Lollipop and can now be installed on Xperia L to enjoy the taste of the Lollipop and material design.
Xperia L was left behind by the manufacturer as it haven’t rolled any official Android updates since Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. So the only way for the device users is to install Custom ROM’s on their device to keep their device updated with latest Android OS. So if you are an Xperia L user then this guide will give boost to your device as it brings Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware to your device.
As this the first build of Android 5.0 Lollipop for Xperia L, it might have some bugs, so it can’t be used as a daily driver. I recommend you to flash this ROM only if you were an Android power user. So don’t blame us if you have messed up with your device. We will try to provide complete detailed steps on how to update Xperia L to Android 5.0 Lollipop along with some pre-requisites to avoid some known mishaps that might happen during update process.
- Make sure your device is Xperia L with model no C2105 or C2105.
- Backup all of your data stored on your device to a safe place, as installing Custom ROM’s require to wipe all of your data and settings.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from turning off in between the update process and will help to avoid bricking of your device.
- Unlock Bootloader
- Root and install Custom Recovery
- Download and install suitable USB drivers on your device.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
How to update Xperia L to Android 5.0 Lollipop using AOSP ROM:
1. Download the ROM package from the above link.
2. Extract the ROM package to Fastboot folder on your PC. Power off the device.
3. Open the Fastboot folder and press and hold the shift key and right click inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and from the list choose open command window here.
4. Now a Command prompt opens.
5. Connect phone to PC using OEM cable while pressing and holding the Volume up button.
6. Now the device should boot into Fastboot mode.
7. Now in CMD type the following commands and press enter after each command.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash system system.img
8. Now your device will reboot into normal mode.