Xpeia L is the mid range Android Smartphone from Sony and recently Sony has confirmed that it will not receive any Kitkat update. So all the Xperia L C2104, C2105 should depend on Custom ROM’s to update Xperia L C2104, C2105 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware and today we have brought here CM 11 Custom ROM for Xperia L C2104, C2105. By installing this ROM we will get extra features and also we can update Xperia L C2104, C2105 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.
CM 11 is the is broadly known custom ROM and is available for most of the Android devices out there. The Developers of this ROM really work hard to develop the ROM and make it available to most of the device’s they can. So there is no doubt that this ROM is going to be good. Below are the features of this ROM:
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- Audio and video playback
- Audio recording
- Wifi & Wifi tethering
- Bluetooth & Bluetooth tethering
- OpenGL 3.0
So if you have decided to update Xperia L C2104, C2105 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat then follow the procedure listed below and update Xperia L C2104, C2105 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware using CM 11 custom ROM.
How to Update Xperia L to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware
1. Download the ROM and Gapps from below links.
2. Place the ROM.zip file and Gapps.zip file on your phone’s internal or external sd card.
3. Download Android ADB and Fastboot drivers, follow our full guide here to make it easy.
4. Open the downloaded ROM.zip on your PC and extract the Boot.img file only.
5. Now place the kernel file that is boot.img file that you extracted from the zip folder in the fastboot folder that you downloaded from the guide linked above.
6. After placing the kernel file in the fastboot folder, open the fastboot folder. Press shift and then Right click on any empty area inside the folder, now select “Open command prompt here“. flash it using the command “fastboot flash boot boot.img”.
7. Boot into CWM recovery. To do so, turn off your device, now turn it on and quickly press volume up and down keys, you will get the CWM interface.
8. In CWM wipe the factory data, cache and dalvik cache.
9. Now select “Install Zip>Choose Zip from Sd card / external Sd card”.
10. Select the ROM.zip file that your placed on your phone’s Sd card.
11. It should take a few mins to flash the ROM, now once again select “Install Zip>Choose Zip from Sd card / external Sd card”.
12. Choose the Gapps.zip file this time and flash it.
13. As soon as done flashing, clear cache and dalvik cache again.
14. Reboot system now, you should see the CM logo on the boot screen now, it may take upto 10 minutes in order to boot into home screen.