Xperia Arc/Arc S (LT15i/LT18i) runs on Android 4.0 ICS and since then it haven’t received any software updates. So if you own this device then you might not be satisfied with the firmware the device is running on. If so, don’t worry we have brought a beautiful Custom ROM named Omni ROM to update Xperia Arc/Arc S (LT15i/LT18i) to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.
Omni ROM is developed by the same developer who developed the AOKP Custom ROM. Omni ROM is well known for its unique features like multi window and flappable quick tiles. This ROM is still in Beta state and might contain some bugs. So it depends on you whether to install this ROM or not.
- Make sure your device is Arc/Arc S (LT15i/LT18i)
- You need to perform backup of all the data present on your handset.
- Charge your device to at least 75% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off during the update process.
- Enable USB debugging.
How to Update Xperia Arc/Arc S (LT15i/LT18i) to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat using Omni ROM
1. Download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to your PC.
2. Copy the file and paste it in the Flashtool > Firmwares folder.
3. Now from PC, run Flashtool.exe as administrator.
4. Now hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
5. Select the FTF firmware file that you copied in the Firmware folder.
6. From the right side, choose to wipe data, cache and apps log, it is good to have all wipes.
7. Click OK. This makes flashtool prepare the flashing files.
8. As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will ask you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
9. As soon as the device is detected in Flashmode, the flashing process will start.
10. As soon as the flashing process completes, leave the Volume Down key, disconnect it from PC and reboot your device.