Herein checkout how to update Xperia Arc S LT15i to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using Xperia Z1 Jelly Bean v1 Custom ROM – How To
If you are one who is seeking to have Sony Xperia Z1 features on your Xperia Arc S LT15i then here is the guide for you. In this guide we are going to update Xperia Arc S LT15i to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using Xperia Z1 Jelly Bean v1 Custom ROM. Thanks to the developer of this ROM i.e., Don No 1 from XDA for developing this beautiful ROM.
This ROM is based on the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and because of its performance tweaks, it can give you better multi-tasking experience with the 512 MB RAM packed in it. Before proceeding to update Xperia Arc S LT15i to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, let’s have a look at some of the pre-requisites, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data, as we are going to install the custom ROM which will erase all of your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the developer options.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device, and is highly recommended.
- Backup your TA partition. How? Follow here.
- Bootloader must be unlocked? Follow here to unlock bootloader. For instructions go here.
Assuming that you are done with all the above pre-requisites, let’s now proceed to update Xperia Arc S LT15i to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using Xperia Z1 Jelly Bean v1 Custom ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible, if you have messed up with your device. So take decision wisely and proceed at your own risk.
Procedure to Update Xperia Arc S LT15i to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using Xperia Z1 Jelly Bean v1 Custom ROM:
- Download the ROM Package from here to your PC and copy it on your device’s SD card.
- On PC extract the ROM Package and find the boot.img.
- Copy this boot.img file to the Fastboot folder. If you haven’t already setup ADB and Fastboot then follow here.
- Power off your device.
- Now hold Menu button on mobile and connect your device to PC using USB data cable. Keep in mind that connect to PC while the Menu button is still pressed.
- Now LED will lit on mobile.
- Now open the Fastboot folder where you copied boot.img in PC, and press shift key and right mouse click, in the open space in the folder. Now you will find an option to open command window here under refresh and all that options.
- After opening the command prompt in that folder, type in the “Fastboot flash boot boot.img” and press enter.
- It will flash the custom kernel on your device and reboots when done.
- While it reboots, when boot logo appears, press volume up button several times to enter into CWM Recovery mode.
- Now in CWM Recovery, choose Format /System.
- Now choose “Install zip from SD card”.
- Now select ROM Package, which you copied earlier to Phones SD card, and install the same.
- When done, perform a factory reset and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Now at last choose reboot system now and reboot your device. Make a note that first boot may take some time so please be patience.
That’s it now you have updated Xperia Arc S LT15i to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using Xperia Z1 Jelly Bean v1 Custom ROM. Once the device boots up, you can experience the taste of this ROM.