This guide shows how to update Xiaomi Mi3 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM
Xiaomi, the Chinese based Android smartphone manufacturer, is making craze of its devices and its devices gets out of stock within seconds on Flipkart, where it is exclusively available. So if you got hands on one of its device then you might have observed that they run on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and they are not updated to KitKat yet. So here in this guide we have brought Android 5.0 Lollipop based Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi3 and the ROM is none other than CyanogenMod 12.
CyanogenMod 12 is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and it is not that stable as of now, so it can’t be used as the daily driver. The problems in this ROM are Bluetooth, NFC, USB OTG and Camera app. So you need to use third party app to record videos. Though if you are ready to update Xiaomi Mi3 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop then you can proceed with the guide below and install CyanogenMod 12 on Xiaomi Mi3.
Before you proceed, make sure to follow some of the pre-requisites listed below.
- Backup all of your data, as installing Custom ROM wipes all of your data and settings.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Enable USB debugging on your device from Developer Options.
- Create a Nandroid Backup.
- Root and install Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Mi3.
Assuming that you have followed all the above listed requisites, you can proceed to update Xiaomi Mi3 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware using CM 12 ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Xiaomi Mi3. So understand the risk involved in installing CM 12 ROM on Xiaomi Mi3 and proceed at your own risk.
How to update Xiaomi Mi3 to Android 5.0.2 KitKat using CM 12 ROM:
- Download the ROM package and Google Apps package from the above links.
- Copy it to the root of your device’s SD card or internal storage.
- Power off Xiaomi Mi3.
- Enter into Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Volume up + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode, choose wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” choose the CM 12 ROM package.
- Follow the above step again and choose the Google Apps Package.
- Once done, Go Back and select “reboot system now”.
After reboot you are ready to enjoy Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Xiaomi Mi3. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to update Xiaomi Mi3 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.