As there were many complaints regarding official Kitkat firmware for Galaxy S4 many people are looking for Custom ROM’s to fix all the bugs they have noticed in official firmware. If you are one such user or owner then here is the Hyperdrive ELS17.1 Custom ROM which is based on Android Kitkat firmware. So by installing this ROM on your device you are going to update Verizon Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.
Hyperdrive RLS17.1 is the ROM which is based on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and is best ROM out there for Verizon Galaxy S4. It has many features, tweaks, mods and everything is customizable. It also comes with latest Galaxy S5 software features with fully Customizable UI with best battery life. so without wasting more time let’s proceed to update Verizon Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware using Hyperdrive RLS17.1 ROM.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that we can recover the data if any data loss is encountered.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from shutting down in between the installation process, if the device turns off in between the installation process, it may brick your device.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Backup your mobile EFS Data
- Download the SafeStrap Recovery and follow the procedure
- Root Verizon Galaxy S4
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Verizon Galaxy S4 for not following the instructions properly. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to update Verizon Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat using Hyperdrive RLS17.1 ROM:
1. Download the Hyperdrive RLS17.1 Package from here to your PC.
2. Download Google Apps Package from here to your PC.
3. Copy all the packages to the Root of your SD card.
4. Power off Verizon Galaxy S4.
5. Enter into Recovery Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some text on screen.
6. Once you are in Recovery Mode, perform full data reset and wipe cache, also wipe dalvik cache.
7. Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the ROM package and install it.
8. Now follow the above step again, but this time choose the Google Apps Package and install it.
9. If you want you can perform full data reset and wipe cache and dalvik cache.