A quick guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 to Official Android 4.4 Kitkat XXUFNAD Test Firmware
There is an official Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware update available for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE version. Actually this firmware is rolled out via OTA (Over-The-Air) and Samsung Kies, if your device haven’t got this update yet, then you can follow the below guide to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 to official Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware.
Before proceeding to update your device let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites to avoid bricking of your device while updating.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data including SMS, Contacts etc., make sure not to use Samsung Kies to backup your data as it will not help you in restoring your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%, so as to avoid any damage to your device.
Assuming that you are done with the above pre-requisites now let’s proceed to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 to Official Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. Proceed at your own risk!!!!
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 4.4 Kitkat Test Firmware:
- Download and Extract Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware package and Odin to your PC.
- Open Odin on your PC.
- Power off your device and enter into Download Mode by pressing “Volume Down + Home + Power button” simultaneously until you see some warning on the screen, now press Volume Up.
- Download and Install suitable USB drivers for your device on to your PC.
- If Samsung Kies or any other PC Suite is running in background, then kill them.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 to PC using the original USB Data cable, while the device is still in Download Mode.
- If your device is connected successfully then you will see your device listed below ID:COM.
- Now click on PDA and select the file I9505XXUFNAD_I9505OXXFNA2_I9505XXUFNAD_OXX.md5 or the one which is bigger in size.
- Make sure Auto reboot and F.Reset options are checked in Odin.
- Now click on Start button and wait untill you see PASS message in Odin.
- Now your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 will restart automatically. Wait for it to successfully reboot. The first boot may take 5-6 minutes, so please be patience.
Note: If at all your device gets into boot loop then you need to remove device’s battery and re-insert it and then power the device. If the problem still persists then you have to follow the above steps again.
That’s it now you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 to Official Android 4.4 Kitkat Test Firmware. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any issues while updating your device.