Samsung Galaxy Note 3 can now be officially updated with the latest version of Android i.e., Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware. Make a note that this update is only for the devices which are dubbed with SM-900 model with EXYNOS 5 Octa-Core processor which has just been updated with XXUDNA6 version of firmware.
So before proceeding to update your device let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites listed below.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so as to avoid any data loss. Make sure not to use Kies to backup your data as it will not help you in restoring your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- Make sure your phone is charged to at least 75%, so as to avoid bricking of your device. This is highly recommended because if your device gets out of juice in between the procedure of updating your device, this will brick your device and may make it useless.
- Root your device before proceeding. To make sure if your device is rooted or not you can use Root Checker App from Play Store.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. Proceed at your own risk!!!!
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware:
1. Download the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware package and Odin to your Computer.
2. Extract both the Packages to a folder and name the folder as anything you want.
3. Power off your device and enter into Download Mode by pressing “Volume Down + Home + Power Button” simultaneously.
4. Alternatively you can enter into Download Mode using ROM Manage app from Play Store.
5. Now open Odin in your PC and connect your device to PC using original Samsung USB data cable.
6. Now you will see that your device is listed in Odin under ID:COM in your Computer.
7. Click on PDA and select the tar file which you have downloaded and extracted earlier.
8. Now after you have done with all the above steps click on the Start button and wait until you see PASS message in Odin. Now you will notice that your device will reboot.
9. Allow your device to boot up successfully, make a note that the first boot may take up to 5-6 minutes. So please be patience and wait until your device boots up.
Note: If at all your device gets into boot loop sequence then you need to remove battery and re-insert it and then power your device. If the problem still persists then you have to follow the above steps again.
10. After your device boots up head over to “Settings > About Phone > Android Version” you will notice that the Android version is listed as Android 4.4.2.
That’s it now you have learnt how to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while updating your device.