The Nokia devices based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) was introduced at the event of MWC 2014. This family of Android devices can run the Android apps and by rooting the devices gives features of downloading the apps from the Google PlayStore and other features like the Google Now.
The Nokia X has got its first source-built AOSP Jellybean 4.1.2 build based on Code Aurora. So, Aurora Vanilla Android 4.1.2 custom ROM firmware is available for all those who are looking to have custom ROM in their Nokia X Android devices. Before applying this firmware you need to check whether your device is rooted and installed with the TWRP recovery image. So below are the pre-requisites and instructions which are to be followed to update your Nokia X to Aurora Vanilla Android 4.1.2 Custom ROM.
1. Create a manual backup of all the data present in your Nokia X Android phone so that in case of data gets lost or corrupted can be restored easily with simple process.
SMS- Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts- Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log- Call Log and Restore
APN and MMS Setting- Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Points Names”,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files- Copy to internal/ External SD card
2. The percentage of the Battery in the Android phone should not be less than 65% or else the device gets turnoff in the middle of the software update. Root Checker App is used to check whether your device is rooted or not.
Root and Install Google Play Store in Nokia X Android Phone:
To root and install the TWRP recovery in your Nokia X Android device, follow the instructions mentioned below;
“Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the damage of your Nokia X Android phone. So try the upgrade process at your own risk.”
Upgrade Nokia X with Aurora Vanilla Android 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware:
1. Download Aurora Vanilla Android 4.1.2 custom ROM firmware and extract the zip files in your computer. Then turn off your Nokia X so that it can be entered into Download mode. Click HERE to download.
2. Now press Volume Button + power button for 15 seconds till your device enters into recovery mode. You have to retry if your device enters into Normal mode.
3. In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” to choose custom ROM Aurora Vanilla Android 4.1.2 Jellybean and then select Google Apps package. Wait for 4-5 minutes till the update is finished. Once done, select “reboot system now” to root the device in Normal mode.
4. To check the firmware version, go to Settings > About Phone where you will find the OS as JellyBean 4.1.2
Screenshot of How the ROM looks like:
Stay connected to us, as we will bring other new Stock ROM for Nokia X and Nokia X+ Android devices as soon there are launched. Any problem while updating the device notify us in the comment section.