Android 5.0 Lollipop was preloaded on Nexus 9 and Nexus 6 Android devices and the update is currently rolled out to Motorola and Nexus devices, so you might receive the update anytime soon. Here in this guide we are going to show you how to update Nexus 9 to Android 5.0 Lollipop LRX21L firmware, though the Nexus 9 runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box, we have brought this tutorial to help you if you have messed up with your Nexus 9 and it refuses to boot.
So just follow the tutorial to update Nexus 9 to Android 5.0 Lollipop, before we proceed, let’s follow some steps to prepare Nexus 9 for the installation process.
- Backup your important data.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your HTC Nexus 9.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Nexus 9. So understand he risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to update Nexus 9 to Android 5.0 Lollipop LRX21L firmware:
1. Download the Android 5.0 Lollipop LRX21L firmware for Nexus 9.
2. Make sure you have setup ADB and Fastboot drivers.
3. Power off Nexus 9.
4. Boot into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and power buttons, till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
5. Connect your device to PC using OEM data cable.
6. Now extract the Android 5.0 Lollipop LRX21L to a folder and copy all the contents to Fastboot folder.
7. Now open flash-all.bat if you are using windows or run flash-all.sh using terminal if you are using Mac or run flash-all.sh if you are using Linux.
8. That’s it now you have to follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process completely.
9. Once it is done, your tablet will reboot automatically and make a note that first boot may take some time, it may take up to 5-10 minutes.