Nexus 7 has received the Android 5.0 Lollipop update and if you are an Android power user then you might be looking for Custom ROM’s to experiment with your device, in that case we have brought here AOSP ROM based on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware for Nexus 7. So if you are looking for Custom ROM then this ROM might suite your needs, as it is stable and is based on Stock Android, as a reason it is stable and gives you Stock experience.
This vanilla AOSP ROM is pre-rooted and comes with tons of new features while the quick list of main features are listed below:
- Vanilla AOSP 5.0.1_r1 (LRX22C) for WiFi Nexus 7 (2012)
- Busybox v1.22.1 (needed for Trickster MOD/AdAway)
- SuperSU 2.37
- Power Menu
- FunkyKernel in F2FS and standard builds
- AOSP keyboard swipe enabled
- GApps GPS fix
- AOSP is always Deodexed
As you read below we will guide you with some Pre-requisites and procedure to update Nexus 7 to Android 5.0 Lollipop using AOSP ROM.
- This ROM is only for Nexus 7.
- Backup all of your data.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Root Nexus 7.
- Install Custom Recovery on Nexus 7.
Assuming that you are done with all the above listed pre-requisites, you can proceed to update Nexus 7 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using AOSP ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Nexus 7. So understand the risk involved in installing AOSP ROM on Nexus 7 and proceed at your own risk.
How to update Nexus 7 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using AOSP ROM:
- Download the required files from the above links.
- Copy them to root your device’s SD card.
- Power off Nexus 7.
- Enter into BOOTLOADER Mode, by pressing and holding Volume up + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
- From BOOTLOADER Mode select RECOVERY, to enter into Recovery Mode.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the AOSP ROM Package and flash it.
- Now again choose “Install zip from SD card” and choose Google Apps Package and flash it.
- Once done, Go Back and select “reboot system now” and boot your device into normal mode.
- The first boot may take some time, so please be patience and let your device boot up successfully.
- After reboot you are ready to experience the vanilla AOSP ROM on Nexus 7 with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.