Google has started rolling out the Android 5.0 Lollipop update to Nexus devices and the update is available via OTA and it might take some time to reach your device as the OTA updates are rolled out from one region to another, So if you own Nexus device and want to update it to Android 5.0 Lollipop without waiting for the OTA update, then you can follow the guide below and manually update Nexus 7 2013 and Nexus 10 to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Backup your important data to a safe location.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options.
- Charge your device to at least 70-75%, to avoid shutting down in between the update process.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
How to update Nexus 7 2013 and Nexus 10 to Android 5.0 Lollipop LRX21P firmware:
1. Download the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware for the above link for your device.
2. Extract it to a folder.
3. Open the Fastboot folder and copy the contents of the extracted firmware files to Fastboot folder.
4. Power off Nexus 7 2013 or Nexus 10.
5. Enter into Bootloader Mode, to do so press and hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously until you see some text on screen.
6. Connect Nexus 7 2013 or Nexus 10 to PC using OEM data cable.
7. Now based on your System or PC OS, run the below files
Windows: Run flash-all.bat file.
Mac: Run flash-all.sh using Terminal.
Linux: Run flash-all.sh file.
8. Follow the onscreen instructions. Once done reboot your device.