Google has started rolling out the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware for Nexus 4 and the update is currently rolled out via OTA and after the rollout the Factory images of the same were made available. So if you have any trouble updating your device via OTA then you can manually update Nexus 4 to Android 5.0 Lollipop LRX21T firmware and we will guide you with the step by step procedure on how to do it in the guide below.
- Backup all of your data.
- Enable USB Debugging from Develop Options.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device.
- Setup ADB and Fast boot drivers on your PC.
How to Update Nexus 4 to Android 5.0 Lollipop LRX21T firmware:
1. Firstly you need to download the Lollipop firmware from the above provided link. Now extract the same to a folder.
2. Next open the fastboot folder and copy all the extracted files to that folder.
3. Now power off your smartphone.
4. Then press and hold the Volume Up + Power button to boot the Nexus smartphone into boot loader mode.
5. Now connect the device with PC using an original USB cable.
6. Run the below files based on your PC operating system –
Windows: Run flash-all.bat file.
Mac: Run flash-all.sh using Terminal.
Linux: Run flash-all.sh file.
7. Now you need to follow the onscreen instructions carefully.
8. Once completed, reboot and start enjoying the updated firmware.