Nexus 4 has been updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop but it haven’t yet received the anticipated Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware. So here in this guide we have brought a custom ROM which is based on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware and we will guide you on how to install it on your Nexus 4. So without any further ado let’s proceed to update Nexus 4 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using SimpleAOSP ROM.
As we are going to install the Custom ROM on Nexus, we have to follow some instructions to prevent it from bricking and also for the smooth progress of the installation.
- Backup all the data to a safe location.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Make sure your device is rooted, if not go here.
- Install Custom Recovery on your device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Nexus 4. So understand the risk involved in installing this ROM on your Nexus 4 and proceed at your own risk.
- SimpleAOSP ROM
- Google Apps Package