This guide shows how to update Moto X 2014 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
Though Moto X 2014 is updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop many users might want to install Custom ROM’s to increase the performance of the device and also to have extra features and customization options that Custom ROM’s provide. So here in this guide we have brought LiquidSmooth Custom ROM using which you can update Moto X 2014 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware.
LiquidSmooth ROM is one of the most accomplished ROM and is available for most of the Android device’s out there. It is stable, smooth, and fast as mentioned in its name. So let’s follow the pre-requisites and then proceed to update Moto X 2014 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware using LiquidSmooth ROM.
- Backup all of your data, as installing Custom ROM wipes all of your data.
- Make sure your device is sufficiently charged. 75% is recommended.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Unlock Bootloader on Moto X 2014.
- Root Moto X 2014.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Moto X 2014.
- Create a Nandroid backup.
Once you are all set with the above listed requisites, you can proceed to update Moto X 2014 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware with LiquidSmooth ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Moto X 2014. So understand the risk involved in installing Custom ROMs on Moto X 2014 and proceed at your own risk.
Also Read :
How to update Moto X 2014 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware:
- Download the Android 5.0.2 LiquidSmooth ROM and Google Apps package from the above links.
- Copy both the packages to the root of SD card.
- Power off Moto X 2014.
- Enter into Bootloader Mode, by pressing and holding Volume up + Volume down + Power buttons simultaneously until you see some text on-screen.
- Now choose RECOVERY using Volume keys and select it using power button.
- Now you should be in the Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, tap on wipe button and select cache, data, and system and perform the operation, by sliding the slider.
- Now tap on Install > Locate LiquidSmooth ROM package and swipe the slider to install it.
- Again perform the above step but this time choose Google Apps Package.
- Once done, tap on Reboot Now to reboot into normal mode.
After reboot you are ready to enjoy the sweetness of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Moto X 2014. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any issues regarding how to update Moto X 2014 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.