Are you looking for ways to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware, then installing Custom ROM on your device is the only option left for you, as Samsung is not going to roll out Android 4.4 Kitkat update for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 not sooner, till then you can try Custom ROM’s to update your device. In this guide we have brought SlimKat Custom ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110.
Before we proceed to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using SlimKat ROM, we have to follow some set of instructions called pre requisites, to prepare Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 for the update process and also to avoid it from bricking.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware:
1. Connect your device to PC using standard USB cable and copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
2. Disconnect USB and then off your smartphone.
3. Now, boot into recovery mode.
4. Create backup using TWRP Backup option.
5. Perform factory reset by select the option “Swipe to factory reset” from recovery.
6. Now its time to add zip files for flashing. Tap on Install and navigate the files which you have copied from PC and confirm to start the flashing process.
7. Similarly flash Google Apps your Galaxy Tab 2.
8. Once done reboot the device into system mode.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 will be running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware.