This tutorial shows how to update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware using CM 12 Nightly ROM – Guide
Galaxy S4 I9505 is about to receive the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware officially, but it is not yet confirmed when it will receive the update, it may be soon or even take 2-3 months, till then you can update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using CM 12 Nightly ROM.
This ROM is based on stock Android and will bring the vanilla Android to your experience. CM 12 Nightly ROM promises to provide latest Android versions. As this is nightly you will find some bugs and you will get updates daily or regularly to fix those bugs and will give you better experience.
Before we proceed to update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, we must follow some requisites, to prepare Galaxy S4 I9505 for the update process and also to proceed with the update process smoothly without any errors or interruptions.
- Backup all of your data, as installing Custom ROM’s wipe all of your data.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, so that it doesn’t gets turned off in between the update process, thus reducing the risk of bricking.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer options > USB Debugging.
- Root Galaxy S4 I9505.
- Install CWM / TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S4 I9505.
- Backup EFS Data.
- Create a Nandroid Backup.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Galaxy S4 I9505. So understand the risk involved in following the below steps and proceed at your own risk.
- CM 12 Nightly ROM
- Google Apps Package
How to update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using CM 12 Nightly ROM:
- Download the required packages from the above download section.
- Transfer them to your device’s SD card. Make sure to copy at the root of SD card or internal Storage.
- Power off Galaxy S4 I9505.
- Enter into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you see some text on screen.
- Once you are in recovery Mode wipe all of your data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Follow our guide on how to flash zip packages using Custom Recoveries.
- Reboot your device once you have installed both the packages.
After reboot you are ready to experience Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy S4 I9505. Do share this post with your friends on Social Media and let us know the issues you face while updating Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via Comment Section Below.