This tutorial shows how to update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using Aurora Lollipop Custom ROM – Guide
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 is planned to update to Android 5.0 Lollipop and there is no correct information regarding the exact date when the update will roll out, till then all the Galaxy S4 I9500 users can use the custom ROM’s to update their device to Android 5.0 Lollipop and enjoy the sweetness of Lollipop before it is officially rolled out.
This guide shows how to update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using Aurora Lollipop Custom ROM, this ROM brings is the features from Note 3 and Note 4 and overall it is built on latest Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. So let’s continue and proceed with the update process and install Aurora Lollipop ROM on Galaxy S4 I9500 and update it to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
Before we proceed with the actual process of installing this ROM, we must make sure Galaxy S4 I9500 is ready for the update process by following the Pre-Requisites listed below:
- Backup your important data.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options located under Settings.
- Make sure Galaxy S4 I9500 is rooted.
- Install CWM / TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S4 I9500.
- Create a Nandroid Backup.
- Backup EFS data.
Once you have followed the above requisites, you can proceed to update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware using Aurora Lollipop Custom ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Galaxy S4 I9500. So think twice before you proceed to install Aurora Lollipop ROM on Galaxy S4 I9500.
How to update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware:
- Download the required files from the above links.
- Copy the packages to the root of your internal SD card or on external storage. Make sure you have not copied these packages inside any folder, just copy them at the root of your storage media.
- Power off Galaxy S4 I9500.
- Enter into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power button at the same time until you see some warning text on screen.
- Now follow our flashing zip packages using Custom Recovery guide and follow the instruction listed over there.
- Once followed reboot your device.
- After reboot you are ready to taste and enjoy the features of Android 5.0.1 lollipop on Galaxy S4 I9500.
That’s all now you have updated Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using Aurora ROM. If you face any issues while updating Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop then you can reach us via comment section below.