In this guide checkout how to Update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat Firmware using Cyanogen Mod 11 – How to Guide
As the latest version of Android i.e., Android 4.4.3 Kitkat is rolled out to Nexus devices recently over the air; many Custom ROM’s based on this Firmware are came out for several devices. In this guide we are going to Update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware using Cyanogen Mod 11 Custom ROM. If you can’t wait until Samsung officially rolls out the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update for your device, then you can update your device by following the below guide.
Before proceeding to update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat, let’s have a look some of the pre-requisites to follow to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data on your device to a safe location, as we are going to install the Custom ROM, which will erase all of your data. So backup all of your data to a safe location.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device and is highly recommended.
- Make sure your device is rooted and has custom Recovery installed. If not – follow here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps correctly. So proceed at your own risk.
Assuming that you are done with all the above requisites, let’s now proceed to update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware via CM 11 Custom ROM.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat Firmware:
- Download the CM 11 ROM Package and Google Apps package from here to your PC.
- Now connect your device to PC and copy both the files to the root of your SD card. Make sure not to copy inside any folder.
- Now disconnect your device from PC and Power off.
- Enter into recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Up + Menu + Power” buttons simultaneously, until you see Galaxy S3 logo. Just in case if your device boots into normal mode then you have to retry.
- Now in the Recovery Choose “Wipe” and perform operations to wipe cache and data.
- Now select “Install” and search for the copied CM 11 ROM Package and install it.
- Now again select “Install” and search for the Google Apps Package and install it.
- Now Go back and hit on reboot. Now your device should boot up in normal mode. Make a note that first boot may take some time; it may take up to 5-6 minutes, so please be patience and let your device boot up successfully.
Note: If at all your device gets into boot loop sequence then you have to remove battery and reinsert it and then boot your device again. If this doesn’t solve the problem then you have to follow the above procedure again.
- When the device boots up you are ready to taste the latest version of Android 4.4.3 Kitkat on your Galaxy S3.
That’s it now you have successfully updated Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware via CM 11 Custom ROM. Do let us know in the comment section, if you face any issues while trying to update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware. Also don’t forget to share it with your friends on FB, Twitter, Google Plus etc., and let them also know how to update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware.