Samsung has not yet rolled out the Android 4.4 Kitkat update for Galaxy S3 I9300, and if you are looking to update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat then you should depend on Custom ROM’s. So follow this guide and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using NeatROM Custom ROM.
NeatROM Custom ROM is based on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware and is highly customizable and brings the Android customization to a whole new level. NeatROM is stable, fast and runs smoothly. It also packs all the goodies that Android Kitkat has and brings more features. Check the complete list of features below:
- AOSP NeatROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
- July 3, 2014
- Firmware: I9300 AOSP NeatROM v6 (4.4.4)
- Compiled from the latest SlimKat repos
- The Real Dark Slim
- Notification drawer Shortcuts
- Full hardware key rebinding
- Keyboard rotation
- Nova Launcher
- Darker Camera – colour filter options, gps indicator, picture quality, smart capture, shutter sound…
- Darker Gallery
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware
1. Download firmware from the below list and extract the zip file.
2. Download Odin v3.09 and extract the zip file.
3. Now Open/Run Odin v3.09.exe file as an administrator
4. Switch off and boot Galaxy S3 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together.
5. Now connect your Galaxy S3 to your PC via USB cable
6. In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been successfully detected by Odin.
7. Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”options are checked in Odin screen.
8. Now, click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you get by extracting the firmware zip file in step 1.
9. Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, and wait few moments.
10. Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background.