Samsung Galaxy S2 is not in the list of device’s that are going to receive the Android 5.0 Lollipop, but there is nothing to worry as you can install Custom ROM on your Galaxy S2 and update it to latest Android firmware. In this tutorial we will guide you on how to update Galaxy S2 to Android 5.0 Lollipop using CM 12 Custom ROM.
Before the actual process of update begins we have to follow some pre-requisites, so without any further ado let’s proceed to pre-requisites and then to update process.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy S2 I9100 or T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989.
- Backup your important data.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Root Galaxy S2 I9100.
- Install Custom Recovery
- Create a Nandroid Backup.
- Backup EFS data.
How to update Galaxy S2 to Android 5.0 Lollipop via CM 12 ROM:
1. Download the ROM package and Google Apps package from the above links.
2. Copy it to root of your device’s SD card.
3. Power off your device.
4. Enter into Recovery Mode by pressing Volume up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you see some text on screen.
5. In Recovery Mode, Choose wipe option and wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
6. Now Select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose ROM package and install it. In the same way install the Google Apps Package.
7. Once done, Go Back and select “reboot system now”.