As Samsung is not going to release or roll out the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update for Galaxy S2 I9100, soon or later, many Galaxy S2 I9100 users felt sad about this. If you are one of the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 owners then there is nothing to worry, as we can update Galaxy S2 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware, all this is made possible by the Custom ROM Developers.
Cyanogen Mod developers are one of the well known Custom ROM developers; they really work hard to develop Custom ROM’s for several Android devices. They also have come up with Custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100 and the ROM is based on latest Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware. So in this guide we are going to use CM 11 ROM to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware.
But before we proceed to update Galaxy S2 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat using CM 11 ROM, we must follow some of the pre requisites to prepare Galaxy S2 I9100 for the installation process and also to avoid it from damage or bricking.
Flash Android 4.4 CM11 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100:
1. Download CM11 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware and Google Apps.
2. Connect your Smartphone with PC via USB cable.
3. Copy Android 4.4.4 KitKat zip file to root of your phone SD card.
4. Disconnect the device and boot into custom recovery.
5. Once in recovery, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ option.
6. Then choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and navigate the zip file from device sd card. Similarly flash Gapps package.
7. Once done, go back and select ‘reboot system now’ and start enjoying Android CM11 firmware on your Galaxy S2