Samsung has not yet rolled out the Android 4.4 Kitkat update for Galaxy S2 I9100, so the users of the Galaxy S2 I9100 have to depend on Custom ROM’s to keep their device updated. For that reason we have brought up a guide on How to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using SlimSaber Custom ROM.
SlimSaber Custom ROM is built with the source of Slim Bean and is compiled with Custom Sabermod for high performance and battery life. Developer of this ROM claims that this ROM is stable and works flawlessly on Galaxy S2 I9100, they also claim that it contains some extra goodies and features. Check the complete list of features below:
- Compiled with a custom toolchain Sabermod for more performance and better battery life.
- Compiled with the most GCC optimization level -O3.
- Compiled with strict-aliasing compiler optimization.
- Added patches to fix GCC strict-aliasing violation rules.
- Added ARMv7 and Cortex-A9 optimized string handling routines for more smoothness and more memory optimization.
- Added zzmoove governor to the SlimKernel.
Before we proceed to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware, we must follow some set of instructions to prepare Galaxy S2 I9100 for the update process and also to avoid it from bricking.
How to Samsung Galaxy S2
1. Download the ROM and Gapps from above download section.
2. Connect your Galaxy S2 to your computer, then move both zip files to its internal storage.
3. Power off your device, then boot it in CWM or TWRP Recovery.
4. First, create the NANDROID Backup of the installed ROM:
5. Apply Factory Reset:
> you can apply Format System action, too.
> go to the next step when done with both actions.
6. Install the new AOSB Android 4.4.2 ROM for your Galaxy S2:
> find the aosb_kk_1.3.2_i9100.zip ROM file and confirm installation.
7. Install Gapps zip after the ROM is installed using the same actions as in above step
8. Return to the main custom Recovery Mode menu when done installing and then reboot the phone in normal mode.