Yesterday we have posted a guide on How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using CM 11 ROM, and here in this guide we are going to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using SlimKat ROM. In order to install this ROM on your Galaxy S2 I9100 you must have rooted your device, follow this guide and you will be redirected to Root your device.
SlimKat is the one of the popular and perfect Custom ROM for Android device. This ROM is brought up by the XDA member fusionjack and it is the unofficial version of SlimKat ROM. This ROM is based on SaberMod and is based on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware. For your convenience let me make you sure that SaberMod is the enhanced version of CyanogenMod and adds some extra features to this ROM, which makes it work perfectly and smooth.
Here without wasting our time let’s proceed to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using SlimKat ROM. But before we proceed we must follow some set of rules called pre requisites, to prepare Galaxy S2 I9100 for the installation process and also to avoid it from bricking.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy S2 with I9100 as model number. Check in Settings > About.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that we can restore it, if any data loss is occurred during this installation, moreover installing Custom ROM wipes all of your data.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from turning off in between the installation process, if happened this may result in bricking of your device and leave it use less.
- Make sure USB Debugging in enable on your Galaxy S2 I9100. Check in Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Backup your mobile EFS Data from here.
- Install Custom Recovery on Galaxy S2 I9100 from here.
- Root Galaxy S2 I9100 from here.
Assuming that you are done with all the above listed requisites, we can now proceed further to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat using SlimKat ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy S2 I9100. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using SlimKat ROM:
1. Download the SlimSaber-i9100-4.4.4-20140713.zip from here to your PC.
2. Download SlimKernel-i9100-20140623.zip from here to your PC.
4. Transfer all the packages to the root of your device’s SD card.
5. Power off Galaxy S2 I9100.
6. Enter into Recovery Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button until you see some text on screen.
7. In Recovery Mode, do a full data reset and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
8. Now in Recovery Mode, select “Install zip from SD card” and choose SlimKernel-i9100-20140623.zip and install it.
9. Now power off and reboot into recovery mode.
10. Now again select “Install zip from SD card” and choose SlimSaber-i9100-4.4.4-20140713.zip and install it.
11. Now again follow the above step, but this time choose the Google Apps package and install it.
12. Once installed, perform full data reset and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
13. Now ++++Go Back++++ and select reboot system now.
14. Now your device should boot into normal mode.
15. Once it boots up you are now ready to experience Android 4.4.4 Kitkat with SlimKat ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100.