Earlier we have posted methods to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware using Dirty Unicorn ROM and SlimKat ROM and now in this guide we are going to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using AOSP NeatROM. NeatROM is AOSP based ROM and is built on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. This ROM packs many features and makes your Galaxy S2 I9100 work like charm, for more detailed list of what all features it packs follow here.
Before we proceed to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat, we must follow some set of instructions called Pre requisites; they are to prepare Galaxy S2 I9100 for the installation process and also to avoid it from bricking.
How to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100:
1. Download KitKat CWM Recovery and save zip to internal SDcard
2. Download AOSP NeatROM and save zip to internal SDcard
3. Download Google Apps and save zip to internal SDcard
4. Boot into CWM or PhilZ Recovery (Volume up + Home + Power)
5. DO A DATA WIPE / Clean to install a new ROM
6. Go to Advance and Select Wipe dalvik cache
7. Go to Mounts and storage, select Format system, Format preload
8. Select Install zip from SD card
9. Flash KitKat CWM Recovery
10. Reboot RECOVERY
11. Flash NeatROM
12. Flash Google Apps (optional)
13. Reboot your device