There are many Custom ROMs available for Galaxy S2 I9100 to update it to Android Kitkat firmware. If you want you can have a look at other ROMs available for Galaxy S2 I9100 here. Here in this guide we have brought another ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100 using which you can upgrade Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware.
C-ROM is Custom ROM, which is built on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware. The ROM packs its own features like floating windows, App sidebar, Peak, Active display, ANIM screen and many other features. If you want you have a look at the features and screenshots of this ROM here.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy S2 and its model no is I9100. Check in Settings > About Phone.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that we can recover the data if any data loss has encountered.
- Charge your device to at least 75%
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Backup your mobile EFS Data
- Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S2 I9100.
- Root Galaxy S2 I9100
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy S2 I9100 for not following the instructions properly. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat using C-ROM:
1. Download the C-ROM Package and CWM Recovery.zip from here.
3. Copy all the packages to the Root of your SD card.
4. Power off Galaxy S2 I9100.
5. Enter into Recovery Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some text on screen.
6. Once you are in Recovery Mode, perform full data reset and wipe cache, also wipe dalvik cache.
7. Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the CWM Recovery.zip package and install it.
8. Follow the above step again, but this time choose ROM package and install it.
9. Now follow the above step again, but this time choose the Google Apps Package and install it.
10. If you want you can perform full data reset and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
11. Once done, ++++Go Back++++ and select “reboot system now”, this will boot your device into normal mode.
12. Once the device boots up you are ready to go and experience Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Galaxy S2 I9100.