Samsung has officially rolled out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 and here we have brought up a procedure to update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean manually. This guide will be help full in un-bricking your device, if you have soft-broken your device. Keep in mind installing this update wont root your device, instead it un-roots your device, as it is completely stock firmware.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy Grand Duos with model no I9082. Check in Settings > About.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location or on your PC. So that we can restore the data whenever we have encountered any data loss.
- Make sure USB Debugging on your device.
- Charge your device to at least 75%
- Backup your mobile EFS data. Download and install USB Drivers
How to update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean XXUBNA4 Firmware:
1. Download Odin Software on your PC from here.
2. Download the Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBNA4 Package from here to your PC.
3. Open Odin on your PC as administrator.
4. Power off Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 and enter into Download Mode by pressing “Volume Down + Home + Power button” simultaneously until you see warning message on your screen. Now press Volume Up as written in the warning message to enter into Download Mode.
5. Connect Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to PC using original USB Data cable, while the device is still in Download Mode.
6. Now you will see that the ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue and an “Added” message will appear in Odin.
7. Now in Odin do the following steps:
- Click on ‘PDA‘ or ‘AP‘ and select file with ‘CODE‘ in its name.
- Click on ‘CP‘ or ‘Phone‘ and select file with ‘MODEM‘ in its name. Ignore this step if no such file exists.
- Click on ‘CSC‘ and select file with ‘CSC‘ in its name. Ignore this step if no such file exists.
- Click on ‘PIT‘ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if no such file exists.
8. Make sure only Auto reboot and F.Reset Time option are checked in Odin and remaining all options are un-checked.
9. Once you are done with all the above listed steps, click on Start, this will start flashing the firmware package on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.
Once done, your device will reboot automatically, wait for your device to boot up successfully. Keep in mind that the first boot may take up to 5-6 minutes, so please be patience. Once the device boots up, you are ready to experience the Android 4.2.2 JB firmware on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.