So are you a HTC user and want to Root and Install Custom ROM’s, Custom Recoveries on your device, but you are unable to, because of the locked bootloader, then you can now unlock bootloader on your HTC device by following the guide below. Many people who know how to unlock bootloader charge you, but I’m posting here freely, so unlock bootloader and play with your device.
Things to Know Before Unlocking Bootloader:
- Unlocking Bootloader will restore your device to default settings and also removes installed apps.
- If you brick your device during this process then we will not be held liable or responsible.
- HTC manufactures will cost your extra charges to re-lock bootloader in case of a bricked or dead phone.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on HTC Mobiles:
1. Enable USB Debugging on your HTC device from the path, “Settings > Developer Options” and check USB Debugging.
2. Visit HTCdev.com and create an account and login.
3. Click on Unlock Bootloader and click on Get Started.
4. Select your device from the list, if not listed then select All other supported Models.
5. Accept terms and conditions and proceed.
6. Now Remove and Re-insert the battery, if your device has non-removable battery then press and hold Power button until your device power’s off.
7. Setup FastBoot on your PC from here.
8. Enter into Bootloader or Fastboot Mode, by pressing Volume Down + Power button.
9. Select Bootloader from the list.
10. Connect the device to PC using original USB Data cable.
11. Now open CMD in Fastboot folder. HOW? Open Fastboot folder and press Shift Key + Right mouse click, now from the list select Open Command Window here.
12. Type : fastboot oem get_identifier_token and press enter.
13. Now you will see a long string of text, copy the text and pate it on this page and click on submit.
14. Now a file will be sent to your registered E-Mail address.
15. Download ‘Unlock_code.bin’ from E-Mail and save it to fastboot folder.
16. Now in CMD type in the following command – fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
17. Now check your phone and read the instructions.
18. Press Volume Up to accept and power button to confirm.