Nexus 6 Android phone now can be easily unlocked and rooted with the help of Nexus Root toolkit Android package. Unlocking the smartphone gives support to various sim cards. Users can also install Custom ROM, root only applications and custom recoveries to make the device most of it.
Disclaimer: Rooting the device and unlocking boot loader voids the company warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform backup of all your important data present on your smartphone using any third party Android app downloading from Play Store.
- Enable USB debugging and also charge your device at least 60% or more.
The following guide shows how to unlock Boot loader and root Nexus 6 Android smartphone-
How to Unlock boot loader and Root Nexus 6:
Unlock the Boot loader:
- Download the Nexus Root Toolkit Android zip package to your PC and extract the files. Launch the Toolkit application.
- Now connect your Android device with PC with standard USB cable and make sure all the drivers are successfully installed.
- Now select “Unlock” to unlock the boot loader.
Root Nexus 6:
- After successfully unlocking the boot loader of your Android device, just click on “Root” option to start the rooting procedure. Once the device is rooted, disconnect it from PC.
- To confirm the rooting status, go to Google Play Store and download “Root Checker” application.
Note: If your Smartphone enters into boot loop mode, then clear cache by pressing Volume Up and Power ON and reboot into normal mode.
If the device is not rooted or if you encounter any other problems, do leave a comment below. We will make sure that your problem is solved as soon as possible.