Sony Mobile is rolling out Android 4.4.2 KitKat update to Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z. This update is rolling in selected markets, with more devices to follow over the next few weeks. The new firmware is rolling out with build number 10.5.A.0.230. The update includes Standard KitKat features and performance tweaks and the also PlayStation 4 launch animation and live wallpaper as seen in Xperia Z2, Z1 and Z Ultra android phones. Check below the changelog you will experienced after updating your device to latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.
Features updated with changelog:
- Improved performance and User Interface (UI) optimisation with Google’s Android 4.4 KitKat update.
- New user interference with the Sony PlayStation 4 and addition of same sleek launch animation and live wallpaper across the lock and home screens. Revamped Status Bar and Quick Settings also available in the new update.
- Sony’s entire native app portfolio updated to the latest versions. This includes apps like Messaging, Email, Smart Social Camera and better STAMINA Mode.
- A more converged and full Sony entertainment experience with Sony’s Media apps like WALKMAN, Album and Movies with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration.
- Compatibility with Sony SmartWear Experience, SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog app.
- Download of Xperia Themes UI packs from Sony
Screenshot of Xperia Z (C6603) Firmware update
How to Download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware:
To update your device go to Settings > About Device > System Update. Then the device will automatically looks for update and it will download and install in your device.
Note: The device should be updated over Wi-Fi connectivity only.
It also said that Android 4.4 KitKat update will be rolling out to Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia E1 and Xperia M2 in July. Stay connected to us for latest news regarding firmware updates and other tech.