Samsung on Tuesday launched the Galaxy Note Edge Smartphone in India for Rs. 64,900. There were several rumors stating that the device will launch in January 2015. The device was announced at the IFA 2014 in September along with Galaxy Note 4 Flagship.
Display and Processor
The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge has 5.6-inch Quad HD display with 1440 x 2560 pixels screen resolutions. The device is 8.3mm thick and weighs 174 grams.
The device is powered with 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 805 processor coupled with Adreno 420 GPU and 3GB RAM.
Android and Cameras:
The Galaxy Note Edge runs on Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box whixh is expected to receive Android 5.0 Lollipop update very soon. It has 32GB of inbuilt memory which can be further expandable up to 64GB with microSD card.
On the cameras front, it comes with 16MP rear camera with LED Flash and Ultra HD video recording and there is 3.7MP front facing camera for video calling. There is 3000mAh battery on the back to power the Smartphone.
“Samsung continues with its legacy of pioneering extraordinary innovations and setting new benchmarks in the mobile industry. The Galaxy Note Edge is a stunningly beautiful device equipped with a unique curved screen which not only makes the smartphone distinctive but also delivers a unique way to access information and optimizes functionality.
At Samsung, we relentlessly pursue customer-centric innovation and develop devices that enable consumers to express their unique style. The Galaxy Note Edge’s curved design will make the screen more meaningful to users in their everyday lives”, stated Asim Warsi, VP, Mobile & IT, Samsung India.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge specifications
- 5.6-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display with 160 pixels curved edge
- 1440 x 2560 pixels screen resolutions
- 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 805 processor with Adreno 420 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) OS
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 16-megapixels rear camera with LED Flash, OIS and Ultra HD video recording
- 3.7-megapixels front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture, 120 degree wide angle lens
- 8.3 mm thick and weighs 174 grams
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.5, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Monitoring, SpO2 (Dependent on market)
- 4G LTE-A Cat.6 / 3G HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) MIMO PCIe, Bluetooth v4.1 LE / ANT+, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou , USB2.0, MHL 3.0
- 3000mAh Battery
Price and Availability:
The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge comes in Charcoal Black and Frost colors variant and is priced at Rs. 64,900. The device would be available to purchase starting from January 2015.