All the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners might have been missing Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS on their device, as the Samsung haven’t officially released the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Update for their devices. But thanks to the Liquid Smooth ROM developers as they have come up with one of the stale builds, it is based on Kitkat and comes with enhanced functionality. So if you want to taste the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS on your device just follow the below steps.
Before continuing to install the Liquid Smooth ROM, you should follow the below Prequisites.
- Backup all of your data as we are going to install Custom ROM which will erase all the data on your device. So make a complete backup of your device including SMS, Contacts, Files stored on the USB storage etc.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options listed in your deice settings.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted, if not root your device, as we are going to install custom firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable / responsible if any damage occurs to your device for not following the steps properly. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Update Galaxy Note 3 with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware:
1. First of all download Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware Package and Google Apps Package to your PC.
2. After Downloading both the files, copy them on your SD card. Make sure to copy them on root of your SD card not inside any folder.
3. Now power your device off and enter into Recovery Mode, by pressing Volume UP, Home and Power Button at the same time until you see the Galaxy Note 3 Logo, and select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
4. Now scroll down and Select “Install Zip From SD card” and choose the Liquid Smooth ROM zip file and select install.
5. After installing ROM, now again select “Install Zip From SD card” and scroll down and Select Google Apps Package and install it.
6. Now select “reboot system now” and let your device reboot.
Note: Sometimes first boot may take about 7-8 minutes, so be patience and let the device successfully boot. If your device gets in boot loop then you need to remove the battery and reinsert it and power your device.
7. Now you have successfully updated your device, you can check your Android version by going to “Settings > About Phone”.
8. You will notice that your device is updated to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2
Now you have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS on it. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any queries and also let us know if you liked this ROM or not.