Are you looking forward to Root Xperia Z1 Compact, so that you can have advance features on your Android device that requires Root permissions, then follow this guide and successfully Root Xperia Z1 Compact on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat 14.4.A.0.108 firmware. Once rooted you will be able to install Custom ROM’s, Kernel’s etc., on your device, check here the list of advantages and disadvantages of Rooting in Android here.
- Check Settings > About to confirm your device model number.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that we can restore the data, if any data loss has been encountered, while updating your device.
- The battery level should be 75% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off.
- Enable USB Debugging on Xperia Z1 Compact.
- Download and install USB drivers from here.
- Backup TA partition.
- Enable Unknown Sources on your device from the path Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Make sure your device is on Android 4.4.4 14.4.A.0.108 firmware. If not. Go here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Xperia Z1 Compact Android device. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Update Xperia Z1 Compact on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat 14.4.A.0.108 firmware:
- Download the EasyRoot Tool v11.zip from here to your PC.
- Extract the downloaded Rooting Package to a folder.
- Connect Xperia Z1 to PC.
- Run install.bat as administrator on your PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- That’s all now you have successfully Root Xperia Z1.
Step #1: Download Towelroot.apk from here to your PC.
Step #2: Download the SuperSU.zip from here to your PC and extract it to obtain Superuser.apk
Step #3: Copy both the both apk files i.e., Towelroot.apk and Superuser.apk file to your device’s SD card.
Step #4: Install Towelroot.apk on your device and open it from app drawer.
Step #5: Now click on “make it ra1n”.
Step #6: Reboot your device.
Step #7: Once the device reboots, install the Superuser.apk file and open it from app drawer.
Step #8: If it asks to update SU binaries then update them.
Step #9: That’s all now you have successfully Rooted Xperia Z1 Compact. You can confirm root access on your device by using Root Checker App.
Do let us know in the comment section, if you face any issues while trying to Root Xperia Z1 Compact Android Smartphone.