Xperia Z and Xperia ZL can now be rooted and it doesn’t require unlocked Bootloader. By this method we can root Xperia Z C6602, C6603, C6616 and Xperia ZL C6502, C6503, C6506. Before we proceed to Root Xperia Z and Xperia ZL, let’s have a look at advantages and disadvantages of Rooting in Android here.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that you can restore the data whenever you have encounter data loss.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Backup TA Partition from here.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device from here.
- Enable Unknown Sources option on your device. Check in Settings > Security > Unknown Sources or Settings > Applications > unknown Sources.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Xperia Z, Xperia ZL. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Root Xperia Z, Xperia ZL with locked Bootloader:
1. Download the Towelroot apk file from here.
2. Download the SuperSU.zip file from here and extract it to obtain Superuser.apk.
3. Now copy both Towelroot and Superuser.apk files to your device’s SD card.
4. Open the File Manager on your device, let’s assume it as ES File Explorer and navigate to copied files and install the Towelroot.apk file.
5. Once installed, open it from app drawer and click on make it ra1n.
6. Reboot your device.
7. Now install Superuser.apk on your device.
8. Open it from app drawer, if asked to update SU binaries, update them.