Sony has rolled out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.0.295 firmware, if you are facing issues updating your device via OTA then update it manually from here. Once updated you might have lost the Root access on your device, to regain it back you have to Root Xperia V LT25i again. If you would like to Root Xperia V LT25i on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware then you can follow the below procedure.
- Make sure your device is Xperia V LT25i.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from shutting down in between the update process.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Download and install USB drivers suitable for your device from here.
- Unlock Bootloader of Xperia V LT25i. Install Flashtool on your PC. Also install drivers using Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtol-drivers > Flashmode, Xperia V, Fastboot select all these and install.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Xperia V LT25i. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Root Xperia V LT25i on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.0.295 Firmware:
1. Download Kernel.elf file from here to your PC. Download SuperSU.zip and copy it to the Root of your SD card. Download the Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Kernel.sin file for Xperia V LT25i. Run Sony Flashtool on PC as administrator.
2. Connect Xperia V LT25i to your PC. Hit the lightening button on the top left side and select “Fastboot Mode”.
3. From the right side, click on “Reboot Device into Fastboot Mode”. If this doesn’t work for you, manually boot your device into Fastboot Mode and connect it to your PC. To do so, power off Xperia V LT25i and connect your device to PC while keeping Volume Up key pressed. Once your device is detected, LED will turn Blue.
4. Click on “Select Kernel to flash”. In the format section change *.sin to *.elf. Next select Kernel.elf file and flash it. This kernel will flash CWM Recovery. Once done disconnect your device.
5. Now as soon as you see the Sony Logo, press Volume Up key for 5-6 times and you should see the CWM Recovery. In CWM Recovery chose Mount/Storage and press Mount System.
6. Now you need to choose “Install zip from SD card” and choose the SuperSU.zip file, which you have copied earlier. Once flashed, power off your device by long pressing power button and remove the battery. Don’t reboot it.
7. Now again connect your device to PC in fastboot again. Open the Flashtool, click on lightening icon, choose Fastboot Mode and select kernel to flash.
8. Now select the Kernel with .sin extension, that you have downloaded and flash it. Once done, reboot your device. Once the device reboots, look for SuperSU app in the app drawer.
If you want you can use Root Checker App to confirm the root access on your device.