Xperia P LT22i is updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and it hasn’t yet received any major Android update after Android 4.1.2 JB update. So if you are running on this firmware on your Xperia P LT22i, then you can root your device by following the below procedure. If you want you can check the advantages and disadvantages of rooting in Android here.
Backup all of your data to a safe location. Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid Xperia P LT22i from turning off in between the rooting process. Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
How to Root Xperia P LT22i:
1. Download and extract the rooting toolkit on your PC.
2. Change the Screen Timeout on your device to max i.e., 10 min or more.
3. Now open runme_win.bat [Windows] or runme_linux.sh [Linux] or runme_mac.sh [mac].
4. Connect Xperia P LT22i to PC with USB Debugging enabled. Make sure phone is turned on with lock screen unlocked.
5. Once connected, in the root kit press any key to continue. It will start the process to Root Xperia P LT22i.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the rooting process.
7. Now locate the SuperUser application in the app drawer. Reboot your smartphone.