Sony has started rolling out Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for Xperia E1 D2005 and D2004 entry level Smartphones. If you still haven’t updated your device to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat then go here and manually update Xperia E1 D2005 and D2004 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware. Once updated you will lose root access on your device, so you need to root Xperia E1 D2005 and D2004 again. To do so, follow the below procedure and Root Xperia E1 D2005 and D2004.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that we can restore the data, if any data loss has occurred.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Enable Unknown Sources Options on your device from the path Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device from here.
We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your Xperia E1 D2005, D2004 for not following the instructions properly. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Root Xperia E1 D2005, D2004 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat 20.1.A.0.47 firmware:
2. Extract the SuperSU.zip and obtain the Superuser.apk file.
3. Copy both Towelroot.apk and Superuser.apk files to your device’s SD card.
4. Install the TowelRoot.apk file on your device.
5. Open it from the app drawer.
6. Click on “Make it ra1n”.
7. Now your device will reboot automatically.
8. Once rebooted, install the Superuser.apk file.
9. Open Superuser from the app drawer.
10. If it asks to update the SU binaries, then update them.
Now download the install Root Checker app and verify root access.