How to Root Sony Xperia J, Z, Z1,Z Ultra – Complete Guide.
So do you have Sony Xperia J / Z / Z1 / Z ultra and want to root to get most out of it then you are at right place. Before proceeding to rooting have some knowledge on rooting here. And keep in mind that rooting may void your warranty, so if you have warranty still then I request to wait until its warranty is completed.
If your Smartphone’s warranty is completed then you can proceed to root your mobile. Before proceeding to rooting follow some of the Pre-Requisites listed below:
- Make a complete backup of your device like Contacts, Messages, files on phone storage etc., to avoid any lose of the data.
- Charge your Smartphone to at least 75% to avoid bricking your Smartphone.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled in your mobile in Developer Options. To enable Developer Oprions go to about phone and tap on Build Number for more than 7 times. Now go to Settings in your mobile and then Developer Options and check USB Debugging.
After following the above Pre-Requisites you can now proceed to root your Smartphone.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for any damage occurred to your Device in the process of rooting.
Steps to Root Sony Xperia J / Z / Z1 / Z Ultra:
- Firstly download V Root software from here and install it on your PC.
- Download Sony USB drivers from here or from Sony’s official site.
- Connect your Xperia to PC using your Micro-USB data cable.
- Run V Root software.
- In V Root Software click Root to proceed to root your device. After successful root your mobile will restart.
- After reboot unplug your device from PC.
- Check your device if it is successfully rooted or not using Root Checker Basics app from Play Store.
- This Software installs Chinese version of Super User app. If you want to English version go to Play Store and Download Super SU or Super User app.
- After downloading open it and it will say update binaries click update.
- Plug in the device again to your PC and Open V Root software and click on Unroot. After that your device will reboot.
- After reboot you will see the Chinese version of Super User in Uninstalled.
- Now open Super SU, the English version which we downloaded and go to settings and Click install to system. Your device will reboot if it won’t restart manually.
- After restart check for Root Privileges using Root Checker App.
That’s it guys your device is now Successfully Rooted. If you have any doubts or any queries please comment below.