Samsung Galaxy S5, the newly announced Samsung’s flagship has got rooting method, though it was not even a week the Smartphone was announced. So if you are about to own this device and want to know how to root your device to tweak it, Install Custom ROMs on it, Uninstalling Stock apps etc., Then you can follow the Guide listed below to Root and install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5.
Before proceeding to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites listed below, to avoid any damage to Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Make sure to completely backup your data on Samsung Galaxy S5 to a safe location, to avoid any data loss while trying to Root Samsung Galaxy S5. Make sure not to use Kies to backup your data as it will not help you in restoring your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on Samsung Galaxy S5 form the Developer Options, by following appropriate procedure.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make sure your device is Samsung Galaxy S5 GT-I5500, as this method is only applicable to this model only.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the Instructions properly. Proceed at your own risk!!!
Procedure to Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5:
2. Open the app from app drawer.
3. Choose an option to Flash Recovery and choose the one.
4. Follow the on screen instructions and custom recovery must be installed on your device.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 GT-I95505:
1. Download Androot and copy it to root of your SD card.
2. Install the app on Samsung Galaxy S5.
3. Once it is installed, open it from app drawer.
4. Now choose Root option in the app.
5. Rooting process will start.
6. When Done, Reboot the device.
Note: This app may not work, as the Google has patched the loop hole in 2.2.1 and son this app is no longer working for newer builds. For this reason the developer has stopped supporting his app. If you still want to use it then feel free to do so.
That’s it now you have successfully learnt to Root Samsung Galaxy S5. If this method doesn’t work for you then stay tuned with us for more methods. Do let us know in the comment section if this method worked for you or not.