Want to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 to latest Android 4.4.2 Kitka using Custom ROM’s then you need to have your device rooted. So for you I brought this small tutorial on How to root Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727. Before proceeding to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727, let’s have a look at what rooting in Android is.
Before going to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727, you have to follow some of the pre-requisites to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a complete backup of data on your device – though rooting won’t erase your data, it is good to be at safe side always.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- Charge your phone to at least 75%, to avoid accidental bricking of your device.
- Make a backup of your EFS Data to avoid connectivity issues. To know what EFS then go here. Backup EFS data by following any of the methods listed here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. Proceed at your own risk!!!
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727:
2. Download CF-Auto Root Package from here to PC.
3. Power off your phone.
4. Now enter into Download Mode. To do so press both the Volume Buttons and connect it to PC using USB cable. Don’t release the buttons until warning screen appears.
5. Now press Volume Up to enter into Download Mode.
6. Run Odin as administrator in PC.
7. Now you will see that your device is connect to PC, under ID:COM box in Odin.
8. Select PDA and select the downloaded CF-Auto Root package.
9. Now hit Start and wait for the process to complete.
10. After it is done your device will reboot automatically.
11. Wait for it boot successfully. Make a note that first boot may take up to 5-6 minutes, so please be patience and wait for your device to boot up successfully.
12. Locate SuperSU app in app drawer, if it is there you have successfully rooted your device.