Oppo has launched the Oppo R1 in the mid of December 2013. It features a 5-Inch IPS LCD Capacitive touch screen display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. It runs on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS and is powered by 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 processor coupled with 1GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, with no expansion option available. If you own this device and want to Root Oppo R1, to get most out of it, then follow the below procedure.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location, just to make sure, if any data loss is encountered we can restore it.
- Make sure USB Debugging in enabled on your device. Check in Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. If Developer Options is not located under settings then enable it by tapping on Build Number for about 5-10 times.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from shutting down in between the rooting process, if the device shuts sown in between the rooting process it may brick your device and leave it useless.
- Make sure Unknown Sources option is enabled on your device. Check in Settings > Security > Unknown Sources or Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources.
Once you are done with all the above listed pre requisites, you can proceed to Root Oppo R1.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your Oppo R1. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Root Oppo R1:
1. Download the Framaroot apk file from here.
2. Copy the downloaded app to your device’s SD card.
3. Navigate to the copied Framaroot app on your device using the Default File Manager or ES File Explorer and install the app.
4. Once installed open it from the app drawer.
5. Now select Install SuperSU from the list of options and under exploit method choose Barahir.
6. Now wait for the app to root your device.
7. Once done it will show success message.
8. Reboot your device.
9. Once the device boots up, look for SuperSU app in the app drawer.
10. If you want to confirm whether your device is successfully rooted or not then make use of Root Checker App.
That’s all now you have successfully Root Oppo R1. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to Root Oppo R1.