OnePlus One is highly powerful Android device with high end specs, and due to its low price when compared to Samsung, LG etc., devices it is well known. If you own this device and want to root it then you follow the below guide to know how to root OnePlus One.
Before proceeding to root OnePlus One, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites to follow, to avoid bricking.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data; though Rooting and Android device won’t erase data, it is always good to have a backup.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”. If you were unable to find Developer Options under Settings, then enable it by tapping on the build number under About Phone section for 7 or more times.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, so as to avoid bricking of your device. It is highly recommended.
- Install TWRP Custom Recovery on your device before proceeding. Follow the guide Here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the instructions properly. So proceed at your own risk.
Root OnePlus One Android Smartphone
1. Download the SuperSU.zip from here and copy it to your device’s SD card. Make sure to copy at the root of your device, but not inside any folder.
2. Now connect your device to PC and navigate to Fastboot folder and open command window there. You can do it by right clicking on empty space in Fastboot folder and selecting Open command window here.
3. Now in Command window type: adb reboot recovery. Now you will be booted into TWRP Recovery Mode.
4. In the TWRP Recovery, select “Install ” and search for copied SuperSU.zip and Flash it.
5. Now it will flash SuperSu.zip file on OnePlus One and Root it.
6. Now in TWRP Recovery select Reboot.
7. That’s it now you have successfully done with Rooting OnePlus One.
8. Now we have to Install Busy Box. For that open Google play store and search for Busybox Installer and install it or go Here and download it.
9. Run the Busybox Installer and follow the on screen instruction to install it.
10. That’s it now you have installed Busybox on OnePlus One.
12. If you want to know whether your device is successfully rooted or not then you can take help of Root Checker App. Download it from Here.
That’s it now you have learnt how to Root OnePlus One. Do let us know in the comment section, if you face any issues while trying to Root OnePlus One.