Google recently rolled out its first Android N (7.0/6.1 Nutella) developer preview for its range of devices namely Nexus 6P, 5X, 6 and 9. Many of the users might have already flashed the Android N developer preview on their respective handset. In this guide we will guide you to root Nexus 6P, 5X, 6, 9 on Android N developer preview. All credits goes to Chainfire who has come up with latest Super Su 2.69.
Before starting the below rooting process make sure TWRP recovery is installed and stock boot img of Android N is flashed on your smartphone.
How to Root Nexus 6P, 5X, 6, 9 on Android N developer preview using SuperSu 2.69
1. Download latest Super Su from the below download section.
2. Now you need to connect your device with PC using a USB cable.
3. Once connected, copy the downloaded Super Su file to device SD storage.
4. Disconnect the device from PC and turn it off.
5. Next you need to enter into recovery mode using appropriate hardware keys.
6. From recovery main menu, select “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from SD card”.
7. Now you need to pick the root file which you have downloaded before and flash the same.
8. Wait for a while till the flashing process is completed.
9. Once done, choose “reboot system now”. Now your device will be rebooted to normal mode.
10. If you feel any issues then perform “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache” from recovery mode.