Moto X 1st and 2nd Generation Android smartphones are updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop and those who have updated their device’s to Android 5.0 Lollipop for them we have brought a Root procedure. So that you can Root Moto X and Moto X 2014 (2nd Gen) and play around with it installing Custom ROMs, apps with root access, Custom Kernels etc.
So without any further ado let’s step into pre-requisites and then to the procedure on how to Root Moto X and Moto X 2014 (2nd Gen).
- Backup your important data, just in case if anything goes wrong we can restore the data.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Moto X Android Smartphone. So understand the risk in rooting your device and proceed at your own risk.
Moto X 1st Gen XT1052 – CF-Auto-Root-ghost-ghostretgb-xt1052.zip
Moto X 2nd Gen XT1097: CF-Auto-Root-victara-victararetbr-xt1097.zip
How to Root Moto X and Moto X 2014 (2nd Gen):
1. Download the appropriate file for your device from the above links.
2. Extract the downloaded files on your PC.
3. Power off Moto X.
4. Enter into Bootloader Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume up + Volume Down and power on your device. You have to press 3 buttons until you are in Bootloader mode.
5. Connect Moto X to PC using OEM USB cable while it is in Bootloader Mode.
6. Head over to your PC and run root-windows.bat file and follow the onscreen instructions.
7. Once done reboot your device and check for Root permissions using Root Checker App.