Motorola has launched the Moto G 2ndGen (Moto G 2014) Android Smartphone at an event which was held this month called IFA 2014. The Smartphone is the successor of Moto G 1st Gen. Moto G 2nd Gen features a 5 inch IPS LCD display with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. It is powered by 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Cortex-A7 processor coupled with 1GB RAM and is available in both 8GB and 16GB variants. Moto G 2nd Gen runs on latest Android version till date i.e., Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS.
Like all the other Android Smartphones Moto G 2nd Gen (Moto G 2014) can also be rooted, once rooted you will be able to have full control over your device. You can uninstall the Bloatware, download paid apps for free, use aps which require root access, install Custom ROM’s, Kernel’s etc. So let’s proceed and Root Moto G 2nd Gen.
- Backup all of your data on your device to a safe location; though rooting won’t erase your data, it is good to have a backup, as prevention is better than cure.
- Charge your device to at least 75% or more.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options. Check in Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable Unknown Sources options from the path Settings > Security > unknown Sources.
How to Root Moto G 2nd Gen (Moto G 2014):
1. Download the Framaroot app from here to your PC. Install the app and launch it from app drawer. Now select “Install SuperSU” or “Install Superuser” and in the exploit method you can choose any one from the list.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Once done, reboot Moto G 2nd Gen.