Micromax, the giant Indian Smartphone manufacturers well known for offering high-end specifications devices at reasonable pricing. Micromax Canvas A1 or Micromax Android One is one of the best budget device launch by Micromax in India. The device was launch by partnering along with Google and comes with guarantee updates to latest operating system for a period of 2 years.
The Micromax Canvas A1 sports a 4.5-inch IPS LCD display and is powered by a MediaTek MT6582 Quad Core 1.3GHz processor. It has 1GB of RAM, 5MP of primary camera and also includes 2MP of secondary camera for video calling. The device runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box which can be updated to Android 5.1 Lollipop OS. The device is initially available for Rs. 5,999, but it can be grab even at cheaper rate from various online retailer stores.
Updated Canvas A1 to Android 5.1 Lollipop OS and looking for rooting tutorial, then just follow the below easy steps to easily root your smartphone.
Warning: Rooting of any Android device voids the company warranty completely. Also it may damage or brick your Micromax device if instructions not executed correctly.
- Make sure Micromax Canvas A1 is running on Android 5.1 Lollipop. To confirm, Go to Settings > About device.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings and Developer options.
- The battery level should be 75% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off during the rooting process.
Steps to Root Micromax Canvas A1 running on Android 5.1 Lollipop OS:
1. Download .NET 4.0 and install it on your PC/laptop.
2. Download and install the Android One toolkit on your PC. After successful installation, click on Install drivers from Top right corner to install ADB Drivers for your Android One device.
4. Take a USB cable and connect your device with PC. Ensure the toolkit recognises your device.
5. Now tap on root button to start the rooting process.
Root Micromax Canvas A1 running Android 5.1 Lollipop without PC:
1. Unlocked Bootloader and make sure Philz Recovery is installed.
2. Download SuperSU and make sure to transfer the same to root of the device SD card.
3. Poweroff the device and boot into recovery mode.
4. Now select Install zip and then locate the file that you placed into the SD card.
5. Ensure to wipe cache and then reboot your device into Normal mode.
That’s it! Micromax Canvas A1 Android 5.1 Lollipop is successfully rooted. You can confirm the root access by downloading “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.
Any issues while rooting Micromax Canvas A1 running on Android 5.1, then do comment below.