Google Nexus 5 users have just received Android 4.4.3 KitKat OTA Firmware update. If you have updated to latest version of android and looking to root your device based on 4.4.3 firmware, then this guide will sure helping you. Just check the below pre-requisites and then follow the steps to root your Nexus 5 device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data present in your device are to be backup so that it can be restored manually in case of data lost or corrupted.
- Make sure that the USB Debugging Mode is enabled. To enable go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging in your Nexus 5 android device. Also make sure that the charging in your device is more than 70% so that it doesn’t power off in the middle of the update.
Disclaimer: Gadgets Academy is not responsible for any damage occurred to your Nexus 5 device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully. So follow the rooting guide at your own risk.
How to Root Google Nexus 5 Android Phone on KitKat 4.4.3 Firmware
2. When the download completes, extract the ADB as well as Fastboot zip file in a folder called “android”. Also rename the TWRP image file to “nexus5.image”
3. Now boot your Nexus 5 device in the boot loader mode. To enter into boot loader mode, turn off your device and press Volume UP + Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously.
4. Now with the help of USB cable connect your Nexus 5 android phone to the PC and open terminal / command prompt from the “Android” folder by pressing “Win + R” and then enter “cmd” to hit on enter.
5. Next step is to enter “fastboot devices” as command in the command prompt.
6. If you are rooting for the very first time, you need to unlock the boot loaded by entering the below mentioned command,
Fastboot oem unlock
7. Make sure that you are accepting all the commands related to Nexus 5 mobile. Soon the boot loader is unlocked, the device will reboot on its own.
8. Now flash the TWRP recovery image in your Nexus 5 android phone with the below mention command,
Fastboot flash recovery nexus5.img
9. Now with the help of the volume buttons enter the device in “Recovery mode” by selecting the appropriate option.
10. Now in recovery mode, select “Reboot” menu by tapping on the same and then select “System” to root the device.
11. Once the device is rooted, download the Super SU app from the Google Play Store.
12. Download “Root Checker” app from the Google Play Store to check whether your Nexus 5 device is rooted successfully or not.
Note: If your device gets struck in between the rooting process, just power off the device by long pressing the power button and again follow all the above instructions.
Any doubts or problem while rooting your Nexus 5 based on android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware, do lets us know by leaving a comment below.