Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 T520 has earlier received the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware and the update is rolled out via OTA (Over-The-Air). If you haven’t updated your device to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUANG1 firmware then go here and update your device. Once updated you might lose Root access on your device, so in order to restore the Root access on your device you have to root it again, to do so follow the below guide.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 with model number T520. Check in Settings > About.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data including SMS, Call logs, Contacts etc., so as to avoid any data loss.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer options.
- Charge your device to at least 75% or more.
- Download and install USB Drivers on your PC.
How to Root Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 T520 on Android 4.4.2 XXUANG1 firmware:
1. Download Odin and rooting package from the below download section.
2. Power off Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.
3. Enter into Download mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button until you see some warning text on screen, now press Volume Up to enter into Download mode. Run Odin in PC as administrator. Connect your device to PC using OEM data cable. Now you should see that your device is connected to PC, as it shows in Odin under ID:COM box and also shows “Added” message in Odin.
4. Now click on ‘PDA’ or ‘AP’ and select the Rooting Package (CF-Auto-Root-kona3g-kona3gxx-gtn5100.tar.md5).
5. Now make sure in Odin only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked and remaining all options are un-checked. Now hit Start buttons and wait for the installation to finish. Once done your device will reboot automatically.